Greetings, Civil War history fans!
- Dr. Robert M. Browning Jr. – “None Could Be More Vigilant Than We Are.” The Federal blockade of Wilmington, NC
- Dr. Stephen Wise – Running the Blockade: an overview of Confederate blockade running near Wilmington, NC
- Dr. Chris Fonvielle – Closing Down the Kingdom: the Wilmington Campaign
- Mr. Wade Sokolosky – To Prepare for Sherman’s Coming: Operations on the North Carolina coast
- Mr. Jim McKee, Mr. Andrew Duppstadt, & Mr. Chris Grimes – Hard Luck Ironclads of North Carolina
- A Friday night banquet, breakfast and lunch on Saturday, and Breakfast on Sunday.
- Two breakout sessions with interactive experiences or demonstrations
- Exclusive private tours of Fort Caswell and Fort Anderson
- A large-group artillery demonstration at Fort Caswell!
21st Annual Grant Days will be held in Georgetown, OH April 20, 21, & 22. Click below link for more details.
The Civil War Institute at Gettysburg College is hosting its annual summer conference June 9-14, 2017. The event features lectures, battlefield tours, and discussion panels. Tuition rates are available at their website. Part-time attendance is an option.
- T.J. Stiles, “The Trials of George Armstrong Custer” AND “Jesse James: Last Rebel of the Civil War”
- Barton Myers, “Robert E. Lee on the Front Lines of Battle”
- Lorien Foote (Texas A & M University), “Escaping Confederate Prisons: The Journey of Union POWs”
- Kenneth Noe (Auburn University), “Reluctant Rebels: The Confederates Who Joined the Army After 1861”
- Harold Holzer (Hunter College), “Lincoln as a War President”
- John Coski (American Civil War Museum), “The Confederate Flag”
- Mosby’s Confederacy (Dennis Frye and Richard Gillespie)
- Antietam (Carol Reardon and Tom Vossler)
- The Last March of the Iron Brigade (Jennifer Murray)
- Armistead’s Brigade at Gettysburg (Wayne Motts and Jim Hessler)
- Myths & Realities of Civil War Battle Tactics
- Debating George Gordon Meade
- Debating William Tecumseh Sherman