Greetings, Civil War history fans!
Attached you will find information about the upcoming Cape Fear Civil War Symposium at Fort Caswell, which is to be held May 5-7, 2017. The symposium’s theme is “War of the Carolina Coast,” and we have entertaining and educational lineup of speakers who will speak on the varying, unique topics of their expertise. You won’t want to miss learning from their singular perspectives on the ways the war touched North Carolina. Our lecture lineup includes:
- Dr. Robert M. Browning Jr. – “None Could Be More Vigilant Than We Are.” The Federal blockade of Wilmington, NC
- Dr. Stephen Wise – Running the Blockade: an overview of Confederate blockade running near Wilmington, NC
- Dr. Chris Fonvielle – Closing Down the Kingdom: the Wilmington Campaign
- Mr. Wade Sokolosky – To Prepare for Sherman’s Coming: Operations on the North Carolina coast
- Mr. Jim McKee, Mr. Andrew Duppstadt, & Mr. Chris Grimes – Hard Luck Ironclads of North Carolina
In addition to the 5 lectures listed above, the registration fee covers:
- A Friday night banquet, breakfast and lunch on Saturday, and Breakfast on Sunday.
- Two breakout sessions with interactive experiences or demonstrations
- Exclusive private tours of Fort Caswell and Fort Anderson
- A large-group artillery demonstration at Fort Caswell!
More details are available in the symposium schedule (attached)
Those who are interested in staying on-site at beautiful, historic Fort Caswell may do so for an additional fee, which is covered in the attached registration form. For more information on Fort Caswell, please see the attached “About Fort Caswell” flyer.
We hope you’ll consider joining us for this exciting event! This is the first year we have ever done this symposium, so please help us spread the word by forwarding this email to your friends and colleagues.
If you have any questions, please contact Nathan Sloan in Fort Caswell’s main office by email at email@example.com. You may also reach him by telephone at (910) 2789501